Sunday, December 5, 2010

3 of the Men

20 pages

Wasn't able to read much but whatever. I finished the long chapter talking about the boys childhoods. It finished it by reading about Ira Hayes, Rene Gagnon, and Mike Strank. This isn't much different than my last post since it has the general idea of describing boys. But i made a connection with Ira and Rene, which made me post this. Rene and Ira were two, smart boys as a kid. But they were very quiet, like me. The characters and I usually wait for someone else to start a conversation, rather than create one our self. Rene was a good worker and so was Ira. I guess you could say i am a good worker, but just at the things i want to do. I also relate to Mike Strank because he was the Sergeant, leader, of the squad. He has always been the boss of everything, even of his childhood friends. Like me, i like to be the leader, never the follower.

I think that was pretty cool for the author to do what he did. He makes it seem like he is talking to you in person as he tells you the story of how he travels all over the country to find the details and background of the six boys. Now that i know more about the boys, I will be able to understand on why or how they react to different things on the battlefield. It is a good book because it starts slow, but leads up to a very exciting story. I'm a little into the next chapter and its already interesting, i can't wait to find out what happens next.


Mike Strank was always a leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment